American Corner at Universidad Diego Portales and Formación General UDP is opening a call for two elective courses:
- The courses will be taught in English.
- The courses will be held in UDP buildings in Barrio Universitario, Santiago Centro.
- The topics of the courses should be related to any attractive aspect of American Culture (Science, History, Humanities, Arts, etc). Some of the titles of past courses are: American Cities: Origins, Conflicts and Prospects; Book Club; American Gender Dilemmas: Equality and Empowerment; American Social Movements: Past and Present.
- The course will be offered to UDP undergraduate students of diverse academic backgrounds.
The teacher is expected to:
- Be a Native English Speaker,
- Present evidence of experience offering courses to University students,
- Present evidence of a PhD or Master Degree in the field.
- Present final grade of previous course evaluations.
- Must submit a personal resume, the title of the course, description of the course, a course syllabus, and the prior documents to Ivet Parra, American Corner UDP Coordinator to corner@udp before Friday May 22nd.
- Those interested are also required to attend an interview. (Date and time to be confirmed)
Note: Having a high-quality evaluation for a previous course at UDP is encouraged.
Please check out our catalogue of courses at UDP.
Submitted documents will not be returned.
The American Corner is a world-wide US Department of State initiative that promotes further understanding of U.S. lifestyles, culture, politics, legislation, and current issues. The American Corner program operates in five universities in Chile and throughout the world in over 800 cities.